Good nutrition is key to maintaining health and independence as we age. Yet, healthy eating can come with challenges such as lack of accessibility, difficulty with meal preparation, or confusion around diet information related to chronic disease management. Chef2home designs meals that address these concerns.
Our chef-inspired meals are designed by dietitians to meet established guidelines from the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association and American Kidney Foundation to help manage heart disease, blood pressure, diabetes, and kidney disease. Meals are balanced with protein, starch and vegetables to provide the essential building blocks for good health.
Home delivered meals may be particularly beneficial for older adults who have been discharged from a hospital or have difficulty standing, gripping utensils, and lifting heavy pans, or have breathing conditions, pain, or confusion.
Here are the top 3 reasons why Chef2Home may be the right solution for you or your loved one:
- Improved Health
- Meals are portion controlled meaning calories, fat, and other nutrients are balanced to optimize nutrient intake, avoid unhealthy calories, and maintain a healthy weight.
- Having easily accessible, ready to eat meals will decrease skipping meals which can complicate chronic disease management and lead to increased risk of illnesses or poor recovery from surgery.
- Home delivery of low sodium/low fat meals has been found to increase compliance with dietary recommendations, thereby improving cholesterol and blood pressure management.
- Save time and energy for your recovery and, more importantly, to enjoy all the fun aspects of your life.
- If cooking is difficult for you, then home delivered meals can make it much easier to get the nutrition that you need to maintain your health and independence at home.
- Take the guesswork out of meal planning – Chef2Home has dietitian approved meal plans to help you stay compliant with dietary recommendations for chronic disease management.
- Cost savings
- Per the CDC, 90% of the nation’s annual health care expenditures are for people with chronic health conditions. A healthy diet can decrease the need of medications and ER and physician visits, and reduce long term complications from chronic diseases.
- Home delivered meals can decrease food waste from overbuying or over preparing foods and having meals readily accessible decreases the need to drive to the grocery.
- Access to good and convenient nutrition increasing quality of life, which is priceless!
Overall, maintaining good nutrition is key to maintaining health and independence. Chef2Home medically tailored meals can help you meet your health goals, maintain independence, and recover from illness or surgeries by conveniently providing healthy, chef-inspired meals. Be Well!
- https://www.eatright.org/food/planning-and-prep/smart-shopping/frozen-foods-convenient-and-nutritious accessed May 2022
- http://www.andjrnl.org/article/S2212-2672(14)00786-2/abstract accessed May 2022
- https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/91/5/1204/4597215 accessed May 2022
- (https://thegeriatricdietitian.com/senior-meals-delivery/) accessed May 2022
- https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2017.0999 accessed May 2022
- https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/about/costs/index.htm accessed June 2022